Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pee pattern odd

Expansive...

Pee pattern odd

Hi there!

My 3yr old dcb as been potty trained for almost a full year now. He does it all himself, and up until the last three weeks has gone to pee maybe 3-4 times a day while here.

Well lately he's been going every 10min.....I don't get it?!

He says that nothing hurts when I asked him as I was afraid of a possible UTI and maybe it still can be but without pain? It's the oddest thing. Now he does "go" each time but it's a tiny-winy trickle that COULD have waited.

Not sure what to do here...it's not so much an issue when we're home but when we're at playgroups I always go with them and being 31 weeks pregnant I really don't want to be getting up THAT often
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Outgoing
    could be bladder infection....my dd just had one, she had no pain but was having difficult holding it until she got to the potty...she developed a high fever, got some meds and now she is fine...I would mention it to the dcp just to be safe

Expansive...
    Oh boy...my son went through this. Had him checked but there was nothing. It went on for MONTHS...we tried everything but nothing seemed to work in trying to get him to go less often. But first things first DCB should def get checked just in case.

Euphoric !
    I would definitely get parents to take him to the dr for a check in case of infection. If it is not that, then is there anything that could be bothering him or making him nervous? Any changed either at home or at daycare? I had a 3 year old dcg who did that for a month or two when she first started with me and it turned out to be anxiety...the change of daycares and everything. Once she adjusted fully, she was fine.

Outgoing
    I have a 3yo boy doing that too! Not going quite as often (still 7-8 times in a 9 hour period), but he's been holding himself a lot as well. He has a drs appointment later this week. Strangest thing!

Outgoing
    definately tell mom about it and if you can try to keep track of how often it happens. do you notice any other differences in him? excessive peeing and drinking can be signs of diabetes. I'm uber aware of this now because my granddaughter was diagnosed last June. first signs were wetting the bed (she's 7) and going to the bathroom all the time and started drinking alot. Another sign is lethargy and irritablility although these dont always become noticeable until sugar levels are really high.

Euphoric !
    My 5 year old grandson was doing that exact thing for several months and my daughter also took him to be checked for a UTI but he was fine. It's the weirdest thing, but he got over it too.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    I would definitely get parents to take him to the dr for a check in case of infection. If it is not that, then is there anything that could be bothering him or making him nervous? Any changed either at home or at daycare? I had a 3 year old dcg who did that for a month or two when she first started with me and it turned out to be anxiety...the change of daycares and everything. Once she adjusted fully, she was fine.
    It's funny you said that....this child has MAJOR anxiety issues as does his older 5yr old sister. Mom is all about the sister but thing little boy is fine (eyeroll) He went through a phase for three months where he'd cry all day and wouldn't eat. Then suddenly from Friday to Monday he was back to his old self but now dos this pee thing. hummmm..........than ks!
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

Euphoric !
    I found with my anxious dcg that keeping things as absolutely routine as possible helped her. I mean, if even her slippers were moved to a different spot, she got upset, so I made sure they were always put in the same spot. Although she no longer pees all the time, she still has that anxious type of personality. If I move anything out of its normal spot, she notices and asks me to put it back. The other day the kids moved a box of kleenex and she asked me to put it back where it goes because it's "in the way". I didn't move it immediately as I was busy and then about 15 minutes later she came to me with an anguished look on her face and said "Sunnydays, I really need you to put the kleenex back"...LOL. Her mom wants to know whether this is normal and I really have no idea! She functions well on most levels, so I tend to think she is fine...but I told her she might want to mention it to the doctor next time in case.