Quote Originally Posted by Monday 2 Friday Mama View Post
Have you tried joining any on-line groups that connect Mum's in your area ? I was having a lot of trouble filling my last space, and I was doing all the same stuff that you are - belonged to daycare bear, ads on Kijiji, godaycare etc. There's all kinds of Facebook groups (I joined Mom's in Kanata, and Mom's in Stittsville because those areas are close to where I live) There were a fair number of parents who would post "Looking for a caregiver for my "X" year old child...." Another idea, is to join some of the Daycare provider support groups on Facebook (most are closed, PM me if you'd like me to "vouch" for you) These groups are helpful because caregivers who are full will pass along the contact information of parents who are looking for caregivers - it's like a professional association. It is really helpful - for both parents and caregivers - and it might help you bust out of the rut. =) Good luck, hang in there, and if I can help - just give me a holler.
I have just started joining facebook groups. but i am not having much luck finding any for my area. maybe I am just not looking under the right "search names". I am thinking about starting my own page.