Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Legal numbers Ontario

Hey all,

So I am just wanting to make sure I am up on current numbers for home daycares in Ontario.

As I understand it, if I am a privately run home daycare in Ontario I can have 5 children UNDER the age of 5 and 10 UNDER the age of 10 PLUS my own children?

So if I have 5 daycare children between 1 and 4 and one daycare child that is 5 (b/a school) (plus my own children) am I working within the legal guidelines?

Is correct? I am just wanting to make sure before I begin offering before and after school care.

Thank you!

Euphoric !
    No you are not correct. It is 5 kids plus your own. Only kids over 10 yrs old don't count in your numbers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Torontokids is right. You can only have 5 daycare children under the age of 10 at any one time plus your own children who do not count in the numbers. If you already have 5 daycare children, you cannot take on any more unless they are not there at the same time as each other (so you only ever have 5 at any one time).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Thanks so much!!! I thought that seemed like a ton of children- I am so glad I have this wealth of knowledge to tap into because legal is important business!!

Thanks!!!

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    No you are not correct. It is 5 kids plus your own. Only kids over 10 yrs old don't count in your numbers
    If you carry insurance for your daycare, you can generally only insure a maximum of 5 kids so how do you deal with insurance if you have additional kids over the age of 10?