Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summer kids

Shy

Summer kids

Looking for some help on this topic: neighbour wants casual summer care for her 7 year old. My regular group is all under 4 years old. I currently have a space but am looking to fill it. My neighbour approached me about casual summer care. For a few reasons I don't like this idea: I don't feel I'm set up for older children as I specialize in infant/toddlers. Her parents are very last minute, she has come in the morning to ask if ill care for her daughter after school (she has yet to pay me for any of these days). Although I have a space right now, I don't want to commit to her as I prefer full time care and am currently looking. The other issue is that she is very vocal in the neighbourhood & I don't want to ruin our relationship but I feel like she's walking all over me!! Help what would you do & what would you charge for a part time/on call for a 7 year old?

Euphoric !
    You don't want to do it, she hasn't paid you before...don't do it. Tell her you are interviewing interested parents for the full time spot.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would just say no. Tell her you don't offer casual care anymore as it is too disruptful for the other kids, so you are looking for a full-time child only. This sounds like a recipe for disaster.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Shy
    Thanks got the tips folks! I love this place, I can vent & ask questions and always get solid encouraging responses thank you