Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

No one seems to fit

Hugh ! I have been advertising for the past 2 months or so for a space in Sept. and everyone that has been contacting me are either looking for 2 spaces or summer care or B&A's. I had one interview I thought all would work out then she announces that she needs care as of June as they found out they are expecting again. I do have the space available right now but I really did not want to fill it before Sept. especially not with an 8 month old. I kind of was looking forward to a great summer with my current crew. No more AM naps, everyone is walking ...They seem like such a great family I am torn but I will probably have to fill their spot as well after the baby comes. Do I suck it up and take them on or do I wait. I still have lots of time until Sept.

Euphoric !
    I know what you mean...I am advertising for September again now too (had notice given a couple of weeks ago) and finding that so far nobody is a very good fit. I am waiting and just keep telling myself that the right family is out there and that is the reason none of the others have been a good fit so far. I do have an interview this weekend, but I can't decide if I want this child because he will be just turning 2 and will have been home with his mom until then. I have been having a hard time adjusting kids of that age who have been at home. Plus, if I take him i will have a whole lotta 2 year olds...I am thinking a baby might be a safer bet.

Euphoric !
    I got myself into the nice little group of 18 month olds and it was great till they all left last summer for school and I had three spaces to fill. I had sort of figured with mat leaves that that wouldn't happen and it took me age to fill the third space although spreading them out worked well since the two I did start needed time to settle and the one didn't walk till almost 17 months.

Outgoing
    its tough right now. I get very few interviews, only 2 and they both were wasting my time. I do a phone interview and either they are flat out lying or they just dont know what they want. Try not to settle. You wont enjoy your summer with an infant if all your kids are walkers. Someone will come along.