Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Surprise visit; Murphy's Law!

One of my long time DCPs popped in (1 hour early) to pick up her son with a friend with her, that friend is looking for childcare for next year. Wouldn't you guess at that moment my playroom was topsy turvey (I really love my hubby for covering for me during my doctor's appointment, but he just has no concept of getting them to tidy as they go, or wiping their faces or hands for that matter!). As well, both babies are screaming their heads off (one is sick, Mom was on the way after my call to her, the other freaking out simply because I was holding the other sick little guy). Everyone else was singing and dancing at top volume....very happy...but wow the impression she must have gotten!! Let's hope other mom explains that on EVERY other day it is not ever chaos like that.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

apples and bananas
    LOL... and you still maintained your sanity? Sounds like a day in the life to me.

After dealing with all of that I'm sure they're just impressed that they didn't find you curled up in the fetal position pulling your hair out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Ha ha....this is my house everyday!! Minus the crying, all the toys are everywhere and everyone is dancing and shouting! Assuming this parent has a toddler they should know already that this is what they do!

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by apples and bananas View Post
    I'm sure they're just impressed that they didn't find you curled up in the fetal position pulling your hair out.
    This image had me laughing out loud. Thank you so much for the much needed laughter!
    "The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice." - Peggy O'Mara

Outgoing
    it probably looked like kids were having a blast. I wouldnt worry about it at all, she probably thinks you are super woman because you were calm and collected and not flustered by it all.