Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Where do you store toys?

hello everyone

This weekend im starting my spring cleaning and try to get organized in the house. I was just wondering where do you store the extra toys or toys not in use. I feel right now that the daycare is taking over my house and need to get my house back

My playroom is in my "living room" and my "dining room is my family room at the moment. I am thinking on storing the toys in the basement and rotate everyweek. I feel like every week when i switch the toys i dont know what to put out because i am storing toys everywhere. Any useful tips on how you get organized? I think im going to the dollr store to buy a whole lot of bins

Outgoing
    My main space is in my basement, but my living/dining/kitchen are all on the upper level of my house. I keep some toys upstairs to keep the children entertained while I am making lunch. I sacrificed my coffee table for ottomans with the flip lid, (on side is padded, one side is a tray). I store the toys inside the ottomans so when they're cleaned up, you would never even know that I had toys upstairs.

All my extra toys are in the basement in the floor. I can't hardly walk there. That's why I got racks and bins a few weeks ago and plan to organize it in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by JennJubie View Post
    My main space is in my basement, but my living/dining/kitchen are all on the upper level of my house. I keep some toys upstairs to keep the children entertained while I am making lunch. I sacrificed my coffee table for ottomans with the flip lid, (on side is padded, one side is a tray). I store the toys inside the ottomans so when they're cleaned up, you would never even know that I had toys upstairs.
    the ottoman is a neat idea i have some of them downstairs i should bring up.

Outgoing
    my main playroom is in the basement. my kitchen and nap room are upstairs so I have a large cupboard in dining room with toys to entertain kids while im prepping food. I rotate out my playroom toys every couple months. I have large totes in my cold storage room I keep all extras in, I organize them by genre and age appropriateness and write a label on the totes so its easier to rotate out.

Euphoric !
    My daycare is in the basement ..... I bought free standing pantries with doors from Canadian tire and I arranged the toys in the pantries and I put child locks on them and each day I open a different one... Great form if toy rotation without the work of packing up and switching out and when the doors are closed its neat and tidy.

I have the same set up as you. My day home is all on the main floor (living room and kitchen). I had the same problem where it was like toys EVERYWHERE!! I took half of everything and packed it up into bins that were all the same size and could stack into each other. Cars in one, books in one, little people in one, etc. Now every 2 weeks I rotate them and put what I can in the spare room closet and under the bed (out of sight out of mind). I have a few bigger toys that get rotated too (castles, farms, car station) and they just sit on the floor of the spare room. Even the toys that start to drive me crazy like these silly drums that my brother-in-law bought us (funny joke, right?) all get dumped into that room and I close the door. Not sure what I will do when we have another child as that will be their room but until then this is what works for me. Less toys to clean up, weird as it is less fights too and plus they get excited whenever a new rotation starts as its like they are new again. And I get my house back! Hope that helps.