I have a 15 mth old in my care who I don't think has ever been told 'no' at home. I also think he gets picked up every time he makes a peep. When he first started with me at a year he whined/screamed/cried quite a bit. It got better and now he's doing it again. If I'm not in his prescense, he's crying. If I happen to put him down after changing or feeding, he cries. If he's not crying, he's basically walking around whining. I try to ignore it as much as possible so he doesn't think he can get away with that with me but it's really starting to get to me.

I've mentioned to Mom on more than one occassion that he hasn't had great days and she doesn't seem too concerned about it. I really like this family and hate to think of terminating but if it's affecting our day, it's probably the best thing to do, right? I have thought of writing a letter and putting it in dcb's bag stating our issue and see if we can get on the same page about the picking up, letting him cry things out, etc but am not sure how she'll react. If I did that I would consider it a warning and hope it gets better. If not, I guess I would terminate.

Would that be my best way to go about it??