Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Filling an upcoming spot

So by July I will have in my dc
    My kids
    3.5 (girl)
    17 mos (girl)

DCK- Full time
    3.5 (boy)
    15 mos (girl)
    12 mos (girl)

Part time
    2 (boy)

I have interest for the other 3 days per week from a 12 mos old but I think that will be too many babies. How do people manage multiple babies (I have a triple stroller, don't want to buy a bigger one)? Should I just advertise and hold out for an older kid? Is there a way to appeal to older children?

Euphoric !
    I have 5 kids under 2 and find it quite manageable. Of course, we do have our moments of chaos, but for the most part, once the routine is down, things run quite smoothly. But routine, organization and an infinite amount of patience are key...which I'm sure you already possess being in this business in the first place. So far as the stroller goes, can't help you much there. When I realized I was going to be switching to mainly infants/toddlers, I immediately bought a 6 passenger stroller on Amazon. It was a bit of a financial bite but has been my life saver!!! Life is much, much easier now. However, if you wish to keep your triple, could the 12 mos be strapped to you in snugli, the 3.5 and 2 walking, the others in the stroller?

Euphoric !
    Do you have a backyard that you could go to instead of travelling around ..... I live in the country so gong anywhere is not an option for me .... I have several play structures and lots of outdoor toys ..... Put the park in the backyard. .... Or start your 17month old walking beside with one of those wrist things so she can't dart off. The little one grow so fast

Euphoric !
    Personally, I like to keep it to no more than two under 18 months and three under 2 in total. I find it is okay when they are babies, but once they all hit the toddler stage together, it is hard when they are all the same age. I also like to have no more than two non-walkers as it is hard on the back all the lifting and carrying. That said, I do have a 6 seater stroller as I did have three 12 month olds at one point and I decided I might as well have a stroller than can hold everyone so I am never stuck. Some people love having all babies, some people don't. It depends on you.

I have two 21 month olds, a 4 yo, and a 2.5 year old is starting in a few weeks.

I can't imagine having anyone under 18 months at this point.

Expansive...
    It is completely dependant on your own comfort level.

I currently have:
    my own 3 yo
    My own 11 month
    3 dcb all 12/14 month
    1 pt dcb 4 years who will be replaced by dcg 12 month in July

Euphoric !
    It's almost always babies who start with me as the mothers return from their mat leaves. It isn't very often I get a call about an older child unless there is a need for parents to change daycares or move due to a job, things like that. But I'm always really careful to ask a lot of quesions when people are changing daycares for an older child.

I have two 1 year olds, a 2 year old and a 3 year old in my daycare right now. I'm interviewing to fill a space and all the requests are for 1 year old children so I'll have 3 very young ones too by the look of it and I only have a double stroller!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.