Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sunscreen

Expansive...

Sunscreen

I'm wondering what everyone else does for sunscreen. I recently told my DC parents that they had to provide their own bottle. But my question is do I have to put some on their faces? I can just picture it already...skirmy kids getting sunscreen in their eyes etc. I require that they all have a sun hat so I'm wondering if sunscreen on the face is really necessary. I personally don't put sunscreen on my own kids except when we go to the beach. I just make sure they always have a hat on, and short sleeves so their shoulders don't burn...and they have never had a sunburn or anything.

So where do you guys put sunscreen?

Thanks!

my daycare parents are required to supply their own sunscreen. Even though the kids have sunhats on, I do apply it on their faces as well. Even ears and back of neck and any other exposed skin. I don't put globs on, just a light covering and am careful around their eyes of course. The kids quickly learn this is part of our going outside routine and are good about letting me apply it.

Euphoric !
    My families all provide their own sunscreen and yes I put it on their faces ... I've never had a problem with getting it their eyes. I do ask the parents to try to buy sunscreen that says either "photostable" or "helioplex" or green beaver

Expansive...
    I slather sunscreen on every bit of visible skin!!!!!!!

Expansive...
    We need to put it on there faces, not too many kids like to keep there hats on! The only spot I'm never to concerned about is legs. We usually only put that on once a day, every where else a few times! Costco has an all natural one for kids that's amazing. You can spray it on and it doesn't hurt the eyes.

http://t.costco.ca/KINeSYS®-SPF-30-K....10335480.html
    Last edited by Skysue; 04-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Expansive...
    I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it...it just seems like a bit much to me to put it on every single day....seems pretty unnecessary to me but guess I am just going to have to suck it up.

Expansive...
    You think preventing skin cancer in unnecessary????

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Do you not put it on yourself? Kids can get burnt very easily and they also can get sun stroke even easier which is life threatening.

For prevention don't go out at peek times 12pm-3pm but don't ever underestimate the sun.

Euphoric !
    I may take my life into my hands with this comment but here goes......
    Who says its not the sunscreen that's gives us cancer ? After all we put it on and it soaks into the skin and then we reapply over and over again. I have never heard of skin cancer so rampant as we have since the push on sunscreen. Just sayin!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crayola kiddies For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    When I was a child....there was no such thing as sunscreen. The push for sunscreen is so big now because people my age now have skin cancer.

Smoking used to be cool. Now we know it causes cancer.