Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Grilled cheese can be healthy. I make mine on whole grain bread, low fat cheese and I fry with coconut oil.

Outgoing
    I serve hot dogs, and chicken nuggets. they are my quick meals and I don't find anything wrong. Heck I have kids who go home and eat chicken nuggets every single day. I don't serve sandwiches, but I know alot of providers do.

I have served pizza and nuggets for lunch on occasion. My dck's eat healthy over here 4/5 days in the week. On Fridays I serve Pizza. Every Friday. Believe me...if it wasn't for the healthy meals the kids eat here....they would be eating processed foods at every meal. The kids are not shy about telling me what they eat at home. So when I serve an "unhealthy" meal once in a while, I'm not going to stress and guilt myself. LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I'm so shocked at what some of these kids eat, figures they are all picky eaters. Nuggets seem to be the most common among all of them. I don't know how some eat it every single day. Blah!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by momofnerds View Post
    I'm so shocked at what some of these kids eat, figures they are all picky eaters. Nuggets seem to be the most common among all of them. I don't know how some eat it every single day. Blah!
    I am no longer shocked, but I am disgusted! I have a dcg who eats Captain Crunch cereal for breakfast...she hasn't told me what she eats for dinner...but I can guess..LOL. It took months for me to get her to eat a few vegetables and some fruits...her parents say they can't get her to eat any. I've never understood this. If you only serve healthy food, they will eat it. If you serve junk, of course they will go for that first and will not agree to eating veggies.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I have to laugh when I get those comments too.....I give out a list of our usual snacks and meals when I sign on a new family and have lost count of the times I've heard "if you can get him/her to eat this stuff that would be great" and go on about how they won't eat any healthy food at home. Ummm, does your kid do the grocery shopping or what? And drives me crazy when parents eat great food for supper themselves and make a separate junky supper for their kids!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SongSparrow For This Useful Post:

And yes, I have given hot dogs with lunch....probably 2 or 3 times a year on average

Euphoric !
    I know the children are getting 100% of their nutrition for the day in my daycare as well. A few of my dcfamilies are fast food eaters and a few eat organically, home cooked food the same as I serve. One of the fast food Moms actually said to me a couple of weeks ago that she is glad she doesn't have to worry about nutrition at night because she knows her child eats so well here.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

I can honestly say I have never served hot dogs in my daycare. I don't serve any processed foods to dckids. None.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Would love to see our menu/get some ideas for different lunches! How do you do it Judy?!