Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Outgoing
    No I hate hot dogs. I don't want my kids eating junk.
    Home of child care expertise. Child care consultant for home providers, child care centers, and parents. http://daycarewhisperer.com/
    Please join us on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/daycare.whisperer

Euphoric !
    I was about to say I don't serve processed foods either...but I guess, technically, tofu hot dogs are processed and I do serve those once in awhile. Other than that, I can't think of anything other than whole grain crackers that I would say is processed. I also don't serve anything containing ground beef...I hardly ever served it before and then one day I thought I would buy some...happened to be the batch that was recalled at Costco for EColi. Thank God we didn't eat any of it! After that, I decided never to buy it again. I now use tofu in my spaghettie sauces...it is really good and all the kids love it

Guys, if we serve hot dogs as a treat it does not mean we feed them junk...Just sayin' (I serve hot dogs at least two times in summer they love them bbq'ed...)

And I don't feel the least bit bad for doing so.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I serve bacon and breakfast sausage once in a while for breakfast, packaged bread products, ham and I keep fish sticks in the freezer to make up with my homemade wedge fries once in a while. Hey, cheese is prepackaged too, but I never serve plastic cheese (that's what I call the cheese in the slices) but it's pretty difficult to always serve home cooked, super nutritious food. Sometimes we stay outside too long and I need a meal on the table STAT!

Most of my food is cooked from scratch but I don't take the time to make my own bread. So, even though I serve a lot of organically grown products at my daycare I'm not perfect, I'm just doing my very best. You know what? That's all I ask of the children every day. DO YOUR VERY BEST!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

I also do not serve any processed food. I'd bet if you took a look at all of the alternative hotdogs they are just another variation of bad dressed up to appear healthier.

I make my food from scratch and in advance and freeze them in foil trays. There are a few exceptions for example crock pot meals on the menu go in as soon as I get up and are ready for when we come indoors from playing in the morning. Soup I let cool then place in ziploc bags and freeze. It can either go in a pan on low and slowly defrost and reheat, or into the crockpot.

I have never served any kind of hotdog or store bought chicken nugget. I will make my own chicken tenders by cutting of the fillet from the breast and simply coating in a mix of w.w breadcrumbs and wheatgerm(SUPERFOOD) I don't even bother with milk or egg as I only want it lightly coated for them. As for sandwiches, my crew won't eat them lol I think I have spoilt them so now if we go out for a picnic I pack something like a quiche and then veggies and fruit.

Shy
    I have never served hot dogs to by daycare kids and my own daughter has only had them once. We do have processed food once in awhile but hot dogs are one of the worst foods for you.

Expansive...
    http://natural-health-center.blogspo...s-of-tofu.html

http://www.healthiertalk.com/why-tof...our-brain-0246

Hotdogs are not very good for us due to the nitrates but we can buy nitrate free ones as a treat once in a while. Due to high nitrate content hotdogs can cause pediatric cancer. As Mothers we must educate our selves and make safe choices for our kids.
    http://www.preventcancer.com/consumers/food/hotdogs.htm

With that said the 1st two links are about the dangers of tofu, terrible for you. I would never serve it to my DD or daycare children.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skysue For This Useful Post: