Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    apples and bananas

Raising rates - form letter

I need to raise my rates for a before and after school client.

I don't usually raise my rates for existing clients, but these ones have been with me from day one and I can't seem to shake them. This is my third summer at the same starter rate and I need to raise their full day rate in order to feel good about continuting care for them.

I do not have them into a contract as they were my first group of clients. I don't wish to change too much so I'm not going to put them in a contract. They come a few times a week on a flexable schedule and that works for them and me. I just need to increase their daily rate slightly.

Does anyone have any wording or a form letter they use when they are about to do a rate change?

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    Do they know what your current daily rates are? A very simple letter saying due to an increase in the cost of food, supplies and learning materials it will be necessary for all children in care to pay the same daily rate for full day care. Therefore your new rate for summer care and any full day of care during the new school year will be $XXX per day per child. Come September the before/after care rate will be increased to $XXX per day per child.

Since you don't have a contract you need something in writing so you could give them two copies of the rate letter asking them to keep one for their reference and one to be signed and returned by a specified date - about a week away.

Then if they are not happy with the increase they will move on and give you time to replace before summer.

Euphoric !
    I raised my rates last year and used the reasoning that food costs are always rising too as playfelt stated. Nobody can argue with that fact.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.