Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!!!!

Starting to feel at home...

Help!!!!!

My 5 year old is very sick and I dont even know whats going on with her and am worried

101.5 temp no symptoms sat and sun
    woke up Mon with rash (bumpy,red) on her cheeks and nose and above her brow temp was 102.9 went down with advil back after 8 hrs so took her to the dr. The dr seemed a bit puzzled but said it was a virus and that viruses sometimes cause rashes so we went on our way
    Today again the same 101.9 temp keeps coming back after 8 hrs and rash has not changed she's not eating (drinking lots) has a minor runny nose and cough??????
    Its now going on 5 days anyone experience this before or have any ideas what it could be I have been researching on line but found nodda Should I be worried????

Shy
    It sounds like it could be normal.
    I wouldnt worry about her not eating, its really not important as long as she is drinking lots.. if she isn't eating make sure she is drinking more then just water so she is getting some sugar/salt etc from juice. dont have them just drink water.
    the rash - my friends son had this last year. apparently it is normal. sometimes a regular virus can cause a rash. If it bothers you you can go to a walk in to get a second opinion to make sure its nothing else but yes kids can get rashes from plain old viruses. 10 years ago in my mid twenties i got a horrible cold... coughing, just horrible. i broke out in hives ALL over my body for a week. it was the worse experience of my life. Doctor also told me that viruses can sometimes cause rashes/hives etc just from the immune systems wacky over reaction. It only happened that one time. so yes crazy things like that are normal but if it was me i would probably go for a second opinion tomorrow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shopgirl For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    is it fifths? my son had that ...temp ...sore throat....bright red rash on his face

no its not fifth the dr already ruled it out as the rash she has is bumpy and with fifth its flat

Hi there, sorry to hear that your little bug is under the weather. Is it possible that she may have been exposed to chicken pox ? While all children receive the chicken pox vaccine, it is often times necessary to give them a "booster" to ensure that the child remains immune to the disease. My son needed a "top up" chicken pox vaccine when he was 5, and his symptoms were similar to what you're describing. Hope things get better soon !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Monday 2 Friday Mama For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I know how frustrating it is when our babies are sick and we can't fix the problem.

After 5 days I'd keep returning to the dr. Or a walk in for a second look. It very well may just be the way that her body is reacting to a virus. Often little ones get rashes or even hives as a way for their body to show the virus.

I also find that if a dr. can't identify the cause and the child is not in a dangerous fever zone or if meds are keeping the fever down they will just write it off as a virus. It's up to us to make sure the child isn't lathargic (sp) or coming up with n ew symptoms.

I hope your little one feels better soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post: