Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Unhappy No break all week. Want to cry

Seriously. No break. Four days. I have 2 non nappers who absolutely refuse to nap. One is screaming non stop. I have had a migraine for two days All I want is to read a bit and have a tea after clean up and prep. I get up at 6:30 and I sit down at 10pm. Do I just continue to let the non nappers CIO?

Yes, I was where you were last month and I wanted to tear my hair out. Try to sit outside just to get away from the crying. I sat on my front stoop and it really helped me step away from the noise. I really feel for you and hope they improve soon for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

I would suggest that yes the two non nappers cry it out otherwise what were all the past days of hell for you really for?!? Can you sit outside your back door for 5 or 10 minutes with a cup of tea and a book just for a breather? I think this would be perfectly fine. Even if you have to do this at regular intervals to keep yourself from going bonkers and also the migraine may be releaved a little too. Even sit ouside your patio doors/back door with a cold flannel on your forehead and drink some water with your eyes closed. The weather is beautiful, at least here in southern ontario and it might just help to get you through the day. Good Luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I have a toddler that started last week that still sleeps with her parents or on the couch! The Mom said she wouldn't nap here and that she was okay with that.....well I wasn't!! The first day I tried her in a play pen and that was just NOT going to happen...so then I tried her on the couch in a spare room...she freaked so much she woke ALL the other kids up!! Now she is on the couch in the main area and sleeps great...but she gets woken up the minute the first one wakes up as she is right in the middle of our play area!
    I couldn't let her CIO because she would wake everyone up...she kind of won this battle but I didn't want to risk having a whole house of non-sleepers because of her!
    I hope your two figure it out soon, it's stressful!! I agree with going outside if you can!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DaycareLady For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Eeeek!!! The screamer fell asleep! *insert happy dance here*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Naptime problems are THE WORST!!! We need out breaks! Hang in there and stay strong and hopefully they will get it soon. How long has this been going on? If it is just the four days it will likely take longer. Is there any way to separate them or set up white noise to block each other's crying out...it sounds like they are feeding off of each other.

Outgoing
    I separate them. I can use the family bedrooms and the play room during nap time. I'm in a back split, so I still have the main level to move around during nap. One is only part time, and he's been here for about 2.5 months now, but he only comes 1 or 2 days. I'm seeing minor improvement with him. The other one is full time, and he's been here for about three weeks. It's been the same for three weeks.

.....and wouldn't you believe it, the screamer just woke up again

Outgoing
    i can seperate but I just don't understand how a child can go all day and not need a rest, heck I need a rest.

Outgoing
    So... it's a new week. It's slow and painful, but my little nap time screamer is doing better today. Not great, but better. Progress is progress!

Euphoric !
    Congrats...one day at a time, it will get better.