Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pool safety ect

Outgoing
    Agree with the other ladies. I have an inground pool as well and my backyard is off limits to the daycare kids at all times. I have a huge front yard and a park with splash pad right around the corner. In the summer, we use the sprinkler and for those who like to fill up buckets with water I use a sand/water table and just fill it with water. I wouldn't want the liability if anything happened!

Starting to feel at home...
    Its more my hubby then me as he likes to come home after working all day and take a dip in the pool but we talked about and agreed that its not a good idea this year definatly want a pool in the future as my entire family are a bunch of water babies and love to swim but I guess we will be off to the beach once the dcks go home

Euphoric !
    Yes, a pool would be lovely in the summer for the family...but it is a sacrifice we have all agreed to make while I have the daycare as the risk is just too huge. Not to mention the insurance problems and potential difficulties in finding clients (parents are often pretty concerned about a pool on the premises).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Keep it for your family and enjoy. But don't offer it to the parents and children of the daycare. I agree.

Think about this worst case scenario: a child in the pool starts to flounder and you have to save him/her plus get all the other children safely out of the pool while you are performing life saving CPR with breathing. The babies all start to wake up crying for you. You have to call 911 and wait for the paramedics. How do you cope with all of that by yourself?
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Starting to feel at home...
    VERY TRUE thanks all you guys are the best

we got an above ground pool last year. My own children are teens so not part of the daycare. I for many years so i would never have a pool for liability reasons but my kids do not do daycare YKWIM?
    so we got one and went thru the city and our insurance to make sure we have proper coverage (inspection and everything for door locks little ones cannot open, ladder out of pool and locked in shed during daycare hours, fence self latching gate and locked etc). Still it is a fear of mine. I have a little tikes kiddie pool we put out front in the summer for the little kids, and the schoolagers will just have to deal with the pool being mine, not daycare. My backyard is no longer daycare friendly and that is just something they will have to deal with plain and simple.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to notaunicorn For This Useful Post:

Having a pool WILL limit your clientelle options - it will decrease your market. There are plenty of parents out there who will refuse to put their child in a daycare that has a pool. I would never allow my child to attend a daycare with a pool. Yep, a personal choice but there are many like me out there.

You will also have a harder time getting daycare insurance and even if you do find it then the premiums will be much more.

Daycare and pools just don't mix, IMO.

Euphoric !
    I would never put my kids in a daycare with a pool. I would love to get a pool myself but not while I'm running a daycare ....when I have a space available that I am advertising for I make sure I put "no pool" in the ad as I know that's something a lot of parents look for.