Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Pregnant while running a dayhome?

I am just curious, as my husband and I talk daily about a 3rd but not sure how we would do it financially now that I have a home daycare and would not get mat leave. I was thinking though, would it be possible for my husband to take the parental leave after I have the baby and maybe close down the daycare for a couple weeks but re-open with HIM mostly running it but me still here with the newborn? Would that even be legal?! Lol just curious what others have done!

Or any other advice on this topic would be great hehe

Expansive...
    Hi!

He can certainly take parental leave! I was lucky that I was able to close for 8 months with my second. I also started back slowly. I think you for sure should take as much time off as you can afford. I'm sure parents would not have a problem with you running the show but hubby doing the work, ha ha!!

Thanks so much!! Wasn't sure if that would be possible but if my husband was on board and willing, that would work perfect!

Euphoric !
    Even if he agreed to take 3-6 months of leave till you have recovered and have a routine down, By 6 months your baby should be on a daycare appropriate schedule.

I love that this is an option!! thanks so much!!

Shy
    I was pregnant with my second while running my dayhome. He was born just before Christmas (perfect timing for using my vacation). I only took two weeks off after he was born and my hubby is on pat leave for 6 months. It is a team approach and I am still able to breastfeed while he looks after the kids. I get the impression that the parents preferred me watching the kids most of the time (I was the one they hired right?) but they are fine with him helping out here and there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to briar_rose For This Useful Post:

I open my dayhome before i found out i was pregnant. At first, I had NO energy and though it was just from playing /walking with the kids all the time! and then the morning sickness came about... I think its the most difficult thing to deal with ( note here that i'm due really soon and i'm still sick everymorning :/ ) Its definitely a challenge.. but the end result is so worth it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mlle.coccinelle For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I'm currently 33weeks pregnant and I'm telling you it's HARD on our bodies. I have a 5yr, two 3yr old and a 15mos old in care. The constant bending and picking up the little one kills my back. If I walk for too long my sciatica kicks in. My feet and ankels are swollen each & every night and my paitence is |--| this thin!!!!

I can not WAIT until I'm done....
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamma_Mia For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    OH and add in the heat......
    Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double Your Kids Back!!