Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Summer Fees extra week?!

Hey all!

I was just looking at the summer months. My fees are based on a 4 week/20 day month. Between July /August there is a whole extra week?! How do you all account for this?

Outgoing
    I charge by the week. If you charge by the month you have to have a daily rate and count the number of days in the month.

Euphoric !
    There are 52 weeks in the year which is 13 sets of 4 so if your parents simply pay for 4 weeks at a time them you need to let them know when it is payday and it won't follow the first of the month. Alternately you add the extra onto each month so the cost per month is more than 4 weeks of fees. The average month has more than four weeks based on part weeks at the beginning and end of the calendar and that is how you get the equivalent of 13 pay periods per year.

Outgoing
    Thanks for the responses! I have been running my daycare for a year and apparently under paying myself!!! It wasn't until I was scheduling my vacation that I realized there are 5 days that are basically free and that is only between July and August!!!! I am glad to hear that others aren't giving their time away and that I shouldn't be either!

Euphoric !
    Yeah, you have been ripping yourself off! In my area everyone charges by the day, not by the month, so this will never happen. I have some parents who pay monthly and I just add up the number of days in each month and then multiply it by my daily rate and that is what they pay...so it varies month to month. If you want to have a monthly rate that is the same every month, you will have to add up the whole year (52 weeks multiplied by your weekly rate) and then divide it by 12 to get the monthly amount.