Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sickness

Starting to feel at home...

Sickness

So as some of you know my daughter was sick she's just getting better now but missed an entire week of school and layed on the couch the entire time

I did my best to keep her away for the dcks and so on but I knew despite my best efforts the other kids would soon follow, the kids have been sick before but this time this bug is a nasty one and dcg and dcb both 1 years old are sick and I feel awful
    Should I feel this way? Do your kids usually all get sick at the same time?
    I feel like the parents are mad at me or something.....your thoughts are welcomed.

Euphoric !
    I feel like that too when my kids get something first and pass it to the dck's...but I always remind myself that it could just as easily have been my kids getting something from the dck's (and often is). Stuff goes around...you do your best, but it is unavoidable. If the parents are mad about something you have no control over...I say good riddance! I had to close for three days this week because I had strep throat...I felt bad, but obviously, I did not get sick on purpose (actually got it from one or more of the daycare families) and had no control over it. I think we have to give ourselves a break.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

apples and bananas
    I warn all of my families if my kids are home from school for whatever reason. They can choose to bring them or keep them home. I don't charge if they choose to keep them home.

If someone gets sick from my children, it was their choice to send them to my home.