Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I've started doing circle time just before lunch since the weather's been so great. The daycare kids want to be outside ALL the time now. I will generally bring out snack to them and they have it on the deck, then back to the play structures. I prep morning snack in the early morning when dck's are free playing, waiting for everyone to arrive.

I have four all day kids, and all but one are nappers. During nap time, Miss M is expected to read books quietly, or sometimes I will put a movie on for her. I do not play with her during this time, though. She knows that when the babies go down, she is to remain calm and quiet. Of course if she needs me, I reply. LOL

After nap, we clean up, have snack, and we are back outside until about 30 mins before parent pick up. I like this routine very much, and my house stays clean too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbox Sally For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    My routine is pretty much exactly the same as Momof4. I serve snack at 8:30 (or second breakfast..LOL) and then we get outside and take my son to the bus, go for a walk, and head to the park for the rest of the morning. Then it's lunch, clean-up, stories, and naptime from 12:30-3. I do songs, letters, etc while they are in their booster seats...so that is my circle time I suppose...plus we do other activities like felt stories, pocket chart acitvities etc when we are inside on bad weather days. In the afernoon, we go play in the backyard again until pick-up time if it is not too hot (my backyard is not shady in the afternoon), otherwise we stay in and it's mostly freeplay as pick-ups start at 4pm.

Euphoric !
    If we are outside in the sunshine too long in the morning and lunch is about 1/2 an hour late and I want to stay on schedule for naptime I read stories and get out my finger puppets while the children eat their lunch. That way we have a mini circle time but at least I'm still including it as a part of our day. That has been happening a lot lately, thanks to the wonderful sunshine. Finally!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Outgoing
    I have early arrivals here and all 11-14 month olds who still take 2 naps.
    7:30 breakfast
    8:00-8:30 free play or backyard play
    8:30-10 morning naps
    10:00 free play inside while I prep and cook lunch
    11:00 lunch
    11:30 walk to park/backyard play
    1:00-3:00 afternoon nap
    3:15 snack
    3:30-5:30 pick ups. Free play inside or backyard