Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Question Question about Day Care Sheduels?

Hey Ladies,

Just wondering what kind of schedules you guys use with your youngsters, now that the weather is nice and we can spend way more time outdoors.

Not really sure what to do now and how much time we should spend inside. As it is we have quiet time from around 1-3. Also what do you guys do with your older kids that do not nap for quiet time?

Thanks for the help!

We spend all morning outdoors, comeback right before lunch and nap. After nap time they have planned activities such as crafts, sensory activities, etc., free play and pick up.

When I had kids that did not sleep they were doing quiet activities such as reading, puzzles, coloring. Currently, all my kids are napping and love it. I get to have a break!!! I think I will continue giving care only for kids that nap as some of the ladies in this forum had mentioned they are doing... We need to take care of ourselves to avoid burning out.

Euphoric !
    I still have infants that nap so pretty much we are inside all day and outside after naptime till hometime. The back yard is shaded if we wait till late afternoon and it works well. We are putting in a deck this summer and will use that first thing in the morning once everyone is here so outside but doing "clean" stuff on the deck as compared to down on the ground, in the sand, etc. Then come in to have snack and babies to bed. In the afternoon we will be down on the grass area where the climber, swings, sandbox, bubbles, etc will be.

I only take kids up to age 3 so morning naps are pretty much a given around here. Also don't have kids that don't nap in the afternoon.

Euphoric !
    I feed the children breakfast at 8:30, we are outside from 9am-11ish, freeplay while I prepare lunch, then circle time, nap is usually 12:30ish to 3ish, afternoon snack then freeplay because I have pickups between 3:30-4:45.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    We have breakfast from 8:30 till 9:00, then out for a loooonnnngggg walk (in the warmer months). In the winter we will do crafts, circle, etc. 10:30am - free play while I prepare lunch. 11am, lunch. 11:30 - bum changes, story time, songs, then nap from 12-3. 3-3:30 is another round of bum changes and snack. Then (in warmer months) outside till parents come. In colder months, we do our crafts, free play, and structured games during this time. In the warm months, I take the easel and craft supplies outside. Sometimes, if the mood strikes us, we may go for another walk in the afternoon.

Starting to feel at home...
    Breakie @ 815....9 to 10 circle time, craft time, then 10-11 30 outside, 1130 to 12 lunch, 12 to 1230 story time, bum changes,then naps are from 12 30 to 3 (ish), 3 till 400 outside.We are outside as much as possible I ask my parents to not pick up until 4pm as we are outside until that time sometimes we will not do craft or circle time and will be outside from 830 to 1130....as we can sing songs and learn through play outdoors and I hate wasting any sunshine cause the winter months are sooooo long theres plenty of time for crafts and such when its miserable outside

Euphoric !
    We have breakfast from 730-815 free play till 9, outside from 9-11. Lunch 11:15-12 nap 12:15-3:15 , snack and pickups start at 3:45.
    Every one naps here...not negotiable !
    Last edited by Crayola kiddies; 05-06-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Momof4 View Post
    I feed the children breakfast at 8:30, we are outside from 9am-11ish, freeplay while I prepare lunch, then circle time, nap is usually 12:30ish to 3ish, afternoon snack then freeplay because I have pickups between 3:30-4:45.
    We're pretty much about the same here. Throw in picking my son off the bus at around 3:30.

apples and bananas
    I have some later drop offs. So we do circle time at 9am, followed by snack around 9;30 then we're outside until 11. We eat at 11:30 and nap runs from 12 - 2:30. I have a bus pick up at 3pm, then snack at 3:30. Outside until pick up.

Kids will do craft time either in the am before snack or in the afternoon instead of outside if it's too hot. Or we may do craft time before we go outside and have a shorter outside time in the afternoon.

We don't do craft time every day in the summer. We also may do some crafting outside some days.

Expansive...
    My older daughter, who will be 4 in August, hasn't napped for almost a year already so I don't mind taking older kids that don't nap either. Morning is free play/snack/circle time/learning activity or art followed but playing outside until lunch time. I will be doing some of the learning activities and art outside as much as possible while the weather is nice. Quiet time is from around 1 to 3 pm followed by snack and more time outside.

Quiet time is books, colouring and/or cartoons for the ones that don't nap. I don't have TV on other than during that time. So the ones that nap don't watch any TV at all. It is my way of ensuring I get some total down time to refill my engine for the rest of the day. And I don't feel guilty about it at all.