Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Horsegirl; I love your point about the 20% deduction! I never thought of explaining it that way to parents.

K. So then I have another issue/question....

I have not raised my fees in almost 4 years and to tell you the truth I haven't noticed until recently where all the kids are pretty big now and are eating like horses! lol
    So my question is....If i have had the same families for 3 years and have never raised my prices can I do so now and for how much?
    I am and have ALWAYS been the cheapest in my area. I never used it to lure people in as you say nor have I ever had the desire to raise prices (as they have been the same for 4 years). Even if I raised my fees I would still be cheaper than anyone else in my area. I am still worried however that the parents will be upset and I have no desire to upset anyone or just kick someone out for getting upset.
    How much should I raise my price by and also how should I tell them and how much notice should I give?
    Thanks!
    Learning through play

Euphoric !
    I haven't raised my fees in a few years but I have added paid days off to my contract so I got a raise that way. I have already told all my families that when we renew our contract next Nov. 1st I'm increasing my rates $2 or $3 per day and I told them it is only to keep up with rising food costs. I think that if you tell parents you are trying to keep up with rising food costs and cost of living increases that is all the explanation necessary. If you are doing a great job then have confidence in yourself and know that you are worth the money.

My fees are on the lower end of the scale because I am a renter and run my daycare in my apartment. If I raised my rates to the higher end of the rate scale I would just be paying too many taxes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Shy
    $35.00 per hour!!? Geez, what am I doing wrong!?