Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Online groups in Ottawa that connect daycare providers with parents looking for care?

So this is kind of a "city specific" question. I'm located in Ottawa, and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any online groups that I might want to join in order to better advertise my program and any available vacancies ? I already have an ad on Daycare Bear, as well as a few other generic sites. (Kijiji etc.) I do have a website, and I belong to a couple of Facebook groups for both Mom's and dcp's in my area. I just want to make sure that I'm advertising effectively. It's the toughest part of the job isn't it - give me the terrible two's and messy diapers any day !

Euphoric !
    I had an ad on godaycare and have gotten some requests from there.

When you join CCPRN your name is in the data base that can be accessed by parents. They also offer monthly childcare connection meetings which is a time for caregivers with spaces to meet up with parents looking for care. Sometimes it is more caregivers than parents and sometimes works the other way around but at the same time your name goes on the list for the next 3 months even if you don't attend the meeting future parents will have access to your info. Also it is a chance to network with other caregivers who may be able to refer someone that wasn't a fit for their daycare. CCPRN has a facebook page.

www.usedottawa.com works the same as kijiji look under services for childcare.

I am in Orleans.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I second everything Playfelt said. CCPRN is great and you should definitely join if you have not. Not only you get connected with parents, but you have access to a lot of workshops, information and resources (and children's events as well if you travel with your daycare).

Starting to feel at home...
    Thanks so much ladies ! =) I really appreciate your feedback.