Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Throwing food on the floor

So my daughter threw her lunch on the floor after saying she wasn't going to eat it then demanded ketchup. She went straight to her room for the last hour before naps and then the whole nap period. I don't think she will do that again! It was hard though as I am definitely not a pushover (I think I can sometimes be too strict) but I have to admit there was a part of me that wanted to cave and bring her down after the hour and let her have lunch. I stayed strong though!

Good for you! Kids sometimes need "though love"... When I discipline my son, sometimes I feel very bad, but do not cave in. If I did, he will just learn that I lie when I say I will do something and then not do it or don't stick to it. Of course they will not listen next time if we do not keep our word or just let then run wild.

apples and bananas
    Good for you! It's the only way they'll learn. And so much harder to stay strong with our own children.

I have parents tell me all the time that their child throws their plate at home... not here! If you throw your plate, you don't eat. They learn that lesson really quickly.

Euphoric !
    Oh, I know! Kids are sooooo different for their parents than at daycare. An 18 mo dcg I have won't eat at home, chucks food on the floor, mushes it all over the place. Her mom is so frustrated! She's a great eater here! Today she ate more than half a filet of blackened catfish, oodles of cherry tomatoes and bread. Mum couldn't believe it.

I never know what to tell them. Nothing works for them! I've even sent food home from daycare (same thing we had at lunch), still nothing. Have sent recipes...nope.

I can see why she's frustrated.