Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Simple Mother's Day craft??

I am looking for a super simple Mother's Day craft to do with my 2 non-crafty dcbs and 2 1 year olds. Any suggestions?? Thank you!!

Buy some inexpensive terra cotta pots at the Dollar Store. Let the little ones splash some paint on them - they'll be very abstract style painters at this age LOL - and maybe add a geranium or some other inexpensive flower. =)

Euphoric !
    Something we haven't done for awhile here is marble painting which is so much cleaner than any other kind. Thinking about tracing their hands twice to be the wings and tracing foot on black paper - will use cardstock to make it stiffer and do the wings on pastel but marble paint some darker colours. Then run them through the laminator so they are preserved and shiny.

First step is doing the tracing one at a time and then I use those as tracers to make the actual cardstock ones we will use. Tracing will be done during freeplay and painting done as a group taking turns a hand at a time while we count how many times each ones moves the box - I use a pizza box.

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    I've printed up some "Hand Print" poems with a pretty border and plan on putting each kid's hand print on it. Then frame it up and there ya go! I got something like this when my eldest was in daycare and it totally teared me up....super sweet.

Outgoing
    I bought $2 wooden trees with openings for photos at the dollar store and I an going to have the kids paint them.

Outgoing
    We did handprint lillies today. Just a warning - the work is mainly done by you. I let the kids decorate the paper first and of course we used their hands, but...

The were cute though!

http://spoonful.com/crafts/handprint-lilies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2cuteboys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    we are doing a handprint with poem and egg carton flower bouquets. simple, but fun. its been too beautiful outside for crafts!

We did a Handprint Poem and the kids put a handprint on the bottom of the paper with paint then they will decorate the border.

apples and bananas
    I bought some canvas at walmart, they ended up being less then $2.00 each (pack of 3 for under $6.00) It's big, 8X11 ish. We did handprint flowers and footprints for the leaves at the bottom. Today I'm letting them do an abstract card to go along with it.

It has been too wonderful outside to craft lately. These were quick and cute and something that's good enough to last a while and hang on their wall.

Expansive...
    I just did this with my kids. I focus more on the process then the product, so they didn't look like they were "supposed" to look, but they enjoyed making them. We made the hand prints one day, then drew the flowers the next day. I modeled the idea of drawing flowers in the hand, but then let them do their own thing. My dcb just drew a bunch of scribbles, but to him they were his flowers.

http://splishsplashsplatterart.blogs...h-flowers.html

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post: