Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Part time rates

Starting to feel at home...

Question Part time rates

Quick question about rates also?

I have a lady that has a 3.5 yr old and wants care for 2 days durring the week.

One day 11-2 and the other 11-5.. Should I just charge my daily rate?

I mean the child will be here through 2 snacks and lunch both days.??

My charge would be $30 for the 3 hrs and $42 for the longer day. These are my part time and full time rates.

my part time rate is $40/day and they have to be in care for a min of 3 days/week. This is for care for 1 hr to 10 hrs /day. The days must be set days. If they want rotating days then they have to pay for the full week which is $35/day for 1 to 10 hours of care/day

I would charge my full day rate. I don't do different rates for part time and full time but I do offer half days that MUST fall in between 7:30-12 OR 12:30-5... any other time, even if it was 11-1 would be a full day rate since that is not in my 1/2 day time slot.

Euphoric !
    I don't allow drop offs or pick ups during nap time which is 12-3. So this parent would not be picking up the child at 2pm. I'm not sure how the child would be having 2 snacks and lunch on the 11-2 day. I stay away from part time as much as I can as I don't like people nickel dimeing me. I have been blessed with full time families for the last couple of years. Really they are there for part of the day and there is no way you could fill in the rest of those days so I would charge my part time daily rate which is $5/day more then my full time daily rate. JMO

I would charge full time rate since he is taking a spot that someone else could pay full time and that would be a lost of income. I also hope he is currently napping, otherwise you will not have a break during the day... I do not do part time either. If I ever do part time again would be 3 or 4 days the whole day and they would have to pay more per day than I usually charge to offset a bit for the loss of income that I would have the rest of the week.

Euphoric !
    I don't allow dropoff after 9am because we are off to the parks and other outings and I don't allow pickups until after 3pm to protect the children's naptime. So you are being very kind, but are you sure you want all that disruption in your day? If you do, I would charge a half day rate for the 3 hour day, but a full day rate for the 6 hour day. My maximum day is 9 hours so a half day rate applies to 4.5 hours or less.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

I would also charge a half day for the 11-2 and a full day for the 11-5.

The problem with charging a half day for 11-2 is that it isn't half a day with the other half being availble for another prospective parent. That to me is the idea of charging half day because it is with the hope of filling the other half. In this case, 11-2 is "middle of the day" and messes your whole day up and you won't be able to fill the early morning or late afternoon so yes they are taking a full day of care up so it should be charged as a full day. The only person it helps by charging a reduced rate is the parent not the provider.

Starting to feel at home... jammiesandtea's Avatar
    I agree with the other ladies. Especially the 11-2. With that, you get the kid for lunch, and "half" a nap (if that), and it messes up your break during nap-time. No thanks!