Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

MEDICINE>>>over dosage????

I have a 1year old dcg whom was prescribed 7ml 3 times a day of amoxcillian and was acting really odd today confused, dizzy, disoriented, and very irritable im worried cause my 6 year old has never even been given that much.......what do you think? should I say something?

Trace of Angels
    Why were they given amox? My two year old usually gets 5ml twice a day. If it is a recurring ear infection that hasn't healed I know they sometimes give a higher dosage and it depends on the actual strength of the medicine I think.
    But if she was acting strange than I would for sure say something. You don't want the parents to give her supper, bath and bed and maybe not notice. After all better safe than sorry............IMO

Expansive...
    Absolutely I would have called the Mom right away to get her to call the pharmacy. So what if your wrong a child's health is at stake.

Starting to feel at home...
    dosage is dependant on a lot of factors, there are a few strengths of Amoxil and she may have been given the lower strength and a larger amount at each dose. The symptoms could be inner ear if she has an ear infection, if the behavior continues mention it to the parents and they could re-contact the pharmacy or doctor to confirm

Euphoric !
    the dosage is based on the weight of the child. I have a 15 month old in my day home and he is currently on amoxil for an ear infection and his dosage is 8ml 3 x a day....he's 30lbs.....