As I have mentioned before, I have only been back at in-home daycare for a few months, after a very long hiatus.

My second dck started last week. She is part time, so has only been at my place a total of 4 full days. My first dck has been with me since the beginning of May, and by all accounts is a DREAM child. They are both 22 months, and both girls. The newbie screams, cries and hits every time dck1 goes near her. It's really sad to watch for both of them, as the new one becomes very distraught and seems frightened, and dck1 seems confused and I hate it. My first one is very gentle and social. She actually tries to give the newbie toys and food in an attempt to engage her.

My new one has also been in a home childcare before, so she is used to being around other children.

This goes on all day long, except when we are out at the park, where the two can ignore one another. Even there though, if dck1 goes near dck2 or tries to play with her, she freaks out. When the newbie is upset, she wants to be held, and will scream and cry for me to "cuddle" her. Since she is new, and totally out of her element, I feel terrible not indulging her, but think it's unfair to all of us if I continue to do so for much longer.

Advice?