Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

When is too early to advertise for sept 2014

When do you think i should post for my group of kids who all leave for school in sept 2014. I will have 4 spots! how early is too early

Outgoing
    I've been getting requests from parents asking if I have spaces for September of 2014, so I don't think it's too early. I have little ones, so I won't have any spaces for a few years, and parents are clearly shocked when I tell them I'm already full with a long waiting list for Sep of 2014. I'm sure there are parents who would be very relieved to get their childcare set up already. These are for babies and won't be born until August or September.

I just filled my 2 2014 spots...definitely not too early.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Euphoric !
    I would not interview before the baby is even born! I would want to wait until the baby is at least 5 or 6 months old so that I have any idea of what kind of parents they are. If the baby isn't even born, it will be very tough to get any kind of conversation going about parenting...they don't know yet (unless they have older children).

Euphoric !
    I agree with Sunnydays and I wouldn't advertise until about May of 2014 or interview anybody until next summer. I want to see how the parents react with their baby and explain everything to them about daycare after they have had a taste of parenting. A lot of people think they are going to be one kind of parent and have great expectations but reality sets in pretty quickly when you have a newborn.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    I would start to advertise next Jan/Feb for Sept 2014 spaces as that is when parents register for JK. What if you advertised and filled a space and then a parent turned around next Jan and said we have decided to hold our child back a year so he won't be going to school this year after all?

Also I agree, the baby needs to be born and the parents have an idea of what kind of environment would best suit the baby - do they love excitement, need quiet, etc.