Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by joan tack View Post
    Just trying to share deals. Sorry you're not interested. Got anything to share other than complaints?
    I think that was a wee bit rude. I didn't realize you were actually a real person, sorry. I haven't seen you posting in any of the other threads and wondered why you were trying to sell things, but I guess you mean to be helpful with deals to people in your area.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

Euphoric !
    Momof4, don't apologize...seems like a spammer to me. "Joan Tack" you have never posted on the forum except to list some deals that no one is interested in. Redflagdeals is an excellent resource for deal sharing, if you want, do it there.

I would only be interested in daycare related deals like was posted by a real user e.g. Little Tikes Making Mud Pies (which I bought by the way).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    Momof4, don't apologize...seems like a spammer to me. "Joan Tack" you have never posted on the forum except to list some deals that no one is interested in. Redflagdeals is an excellent resource for deal sharing, if you want, do it there.

I would only be interested in daycare related deals like was posted by a real user e.g. Little Tikes Making Mud Pies (which I bought by the way).
    Yikes, sometimes I forget the sensitivity level on forums so I apologize as well. You're right about some things torontokids, I haven't posted enough on the forum and that is something I will do more starting now. I'm sorry you're not interested in the deals, however I have posted kids related deals if you look close enough.

Really though, my hope with this thread is for EVERYONE to post deals and help each other out. So, that said, let's do it.

Cheers,

Joan

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    We just don't all live in Toronto and the country is too big to send deals from all over. A thread like this is better for a forum that is local. That is why people are upset as in the deals are useless to most of us. Personally I just ignore most of the time.
    Okay, but my hope is people from around Canada will share deals in this thread. A lot of the ones I find are in Southern Ontario but occasionally I do come across ones in Alberta and BC.

Quote Originally Posted by happymomma View Post
    Agreed, this is a useless thread regardless of where you live. Useless deals that have nothing to do with daycare. Admin should delete as this is complete spam.
    Geez, a bit harsh don't you think? My hope is that eventually people on this forum will start sharing more deals from around the country on this here thread. It's for the good of everyone. I have posted summer camp for kids, I think that's very useful. If you have any deals or coupons to share, that would also be useful.

Joan I see where you are coming from with respect of wanting to share deals with everyone, but this is a forum directed towards home daycare providers and parents and not a place to "ONLY" post about the kind of deals that are posted through such sites as wagjag, redflag deals and teambuy. Summer camp is something you did post, but is only relevant to a very small portion of people on this forum as home daycare providers primarily provide care for under 5 year olds who generally aren't old enough to go to summer camp. Yes there will be a few providers offering before and after school care, and of course the older siblings of young children, but I imagine most providers aren't going to want to spend extra time at the door telling them about a summer camp that is only suitable for older children or pitch a deal about teeth whitening to parents at the door.

I started following this thread from the start in the hopes of finding deals and coupons relating to cheaper groceries and household products, toys or services DIRECTLY related to the theme of this whole forum which is childcare. If I could find some deals that would save me money and enrich my home daycare business, then this would be a relative place to post. Otherwise, my suggestion would be to post either on another forum where it is not the primary goal for daycare providers to support each other in our work field, or start the thread in the parent's section of this site. Maybe they will be more receptive of what you hope to achieve whereas I think most providers on this site are already overwhelmed by how many spammers we seem to endure at times, and really aren't receptive to your vision.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post
    Joan I see where you are coming from with respect of wanting to share deals with everyone, but this is a forum directed towards home daycare providers and parents and not a place to "ONLY" post about the kind of deals that are posted through such sites as wagjag, redflag deals and teambuy. Summer camp is something you did post, but is only relevant to a very small portion of people on this forum as home daycare providers primarily provide care for under 5 year olds who generally aren't old enough to go to summer camp. Yes there will be a few providers offering before and after school care, and of course the older siblings of young children, but I imagine most providers aren't going to want to spend extra time at the door telling them about a summer camp that is only suitable for older children or pitch a deal about teeth whitening to parents at the door. I started following this thread from the start in the hopes of finding deals and coupons relating to cheaper groceries and household products, toys or services DIRECTLY related to the theme of this whole forum which is childcare. If I could find some deals that would save me money and enrich my home daycare business, then this would be a relative place to post. Otherwise, my suggestion would be to post either on another forum where it is not the primary goal for daycare providers to support each other in our work field, or start the thread in the parent's section of this site. Maybe they will be more receptive of what you hope to achieve whereas I think most providers on this site are already overwhelmed by how many spammers we seem to endure at times, and really aren't receptive to your vision.
    Fair enough. I don't want to rock the boat anymore than I have. Apologies everyone, I won't post here anymore.