Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I was putting her for a morning nap then she wasnt going down for an afternoon nap so I stopped, that being said I was putting her down at 9 15 ish till 10 ish but if I put her down earlier 830 as you guys suggest I could wake her up at 915 and I'm sure then she would be ready to sleep @ 1230PM I guess i will have to play around with her schedule a bit but I think that should work and that the time my dcb is sleeping anyways. Also I have a dcb not even 1 year old who already naps in the morn my problem with him is he goes down no problem at 1230 but wakes up 40 minutes later crying??? what would you guys do? my gut tells me to let him cry it out and sleep train him so he sleeps longer? how long is to long to let him cry?

Outgoing
    For me morning nap is for the ones who need it which is 8:30-9:30. All my little ones, including my son are 11-14 months old and all are early risers. Afternoon nap is mandatory here is 12:30-3. I would try putting the dcg down earlier because once you miss that little window and they get overtired you are in trouble! For the dcb do his nap same time, only 45 mins max then make him stay in the playpen the entire afternoon nap period. Babies tend to have 45 minute sleep cycles so him waking up after 40 mins makes a lot of sense. Go in once and reassure him, lay him back down, tell him night night and leave the room until nap time is over. Have you tried darkening curtains? A white noise machine? I have 5 white noise machines and they are fabulous!

Starting to feel at home...
    sassygirl thats exactly what I did with dcb today I felt bad letting him cry but I know I have to do it or he will continue doing this everyday.....I just wanted to make sure I wasnt leaving him to cry to long....but he cried for 35 minutes and now has been sleeping since 150 I will just stick to it and hopefully it gets better. As for dcg I also agree and will be putting her down daily for a 45 minutes in the am I think thats the solution.......THANK EVERYONE FOR AGAIN SOME GREAT ADVICE AND REASSURANCE