Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Must haves for infants

Hi everyone! Right now our youngest age is ~3 years old, but in a year we're going to start offering care for babies 0-36 months. What are your must haves as far as play and safety equipment? Things to make life easier for the Educators? Would appreciate insight

gates at bottom and top of stairs, playpens to sleep in, bolt any bookcases or anything that might topple over, to the wall. Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Handle covers so they can't get in bathroom etc. I change my babies on the floor (with diaper mat) to prevent any falls. No toys which are not age appropriate (choking hazard) Rubber mats (interlocking) for floor play.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have 3 one year olds and they all LOVE the push/ride on cars as well as the play kitchen. This is where they all spend most of their free play time! They all love the water table when we are outside or the cozy coupe cars.
    Have fun!!

Outgoing
    Change table, foam interlocking mats if you don't have carpeting, keep all your cords hidden or taped down to the wall, door knob handles, gates top of stairs, bottom of stairs and get a pressure mounted on to keep them confined in one room if necessary. For toys, mine love my tool bench, book shelf, little peoples car garage, ball pit, ride on toys, balls, bubbles, outdoor climbers, slide sandbox.
    I ask parents to bring their own playpens and I send it home on the weekends if they need it.

Thank you everyone!

A lot has already been mentioned in the thread and I think I don't have anything else to add here at this moment. Good replies everyone.

Make sure to have "mouth toys" and a mouthed toy bin (so you know which toys need urgent washing.)

Outgoing
    Also don't forget to ask the parents to bring soother clips.