Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Question Enough For Termination??

So I'm not really sure what to do??

I have 2 boys that I watch 5 and 3 they are brothers.. Today when we were outside I told them to not go near the pool we'd be playing with it this after noon.. Boys will be boys though and they were over there playing with it anyways. They all got soaked so I said okie were going inside now, because they weren't listening and I dumped the pool out. While I was dumping the pool, the 5 yr old was saying, we hate coming here and we don't want to come here any more.. And then goes on to saying that he hates me.. He's had trouble listening all day. And I've had continuous problems with him since he started. He's saying no and not listening, I'm honestly tired of putting him in timeout.. He does have some good days but right now the bad are out wringing the good! When we came inside, the boys started playing and the older one said, I'm going to break this ( its a blow up pool that is a ball put) I'm feeling at my wits end with these two boys and want to terminate.. If I keep them ill be starting full time care the end if June for the 5 yr old and I'm not sure if lll be able to handle it .. I know kids will be kids but I don't want the bother ones picking up on this awful behavior.

Needing advice in how to handle this terminate? Or not? If I do how do I tell mom.. I feel bad, but no of the other kids act this way?

Unsure of how to proceed?

Euphoric !
    What have you tried so far to deal with the behaviour aside form time outs? I would start there and also speak with the mom to see where that conversation takes you.

Outgoing
    Yikes! I would be saying BYE BYE to those boys.
    How long have they been in your care? Have you spoken to the parents about the 5 year olds behaviour?
    I really feel for you. When I first opened my daycare in January I had a 6 year old boy who was Before and After school only and boy was that enough for me. I lasted about 2 months with him. He was defiant, didn't want to do anything except play videogames or complain about how bored he was and wreck my toddler toys. I would tell his mom, it would be better then back to it again. Boys that age are difficult.
    How many others do you have in care? Do you NEED the money?
    For the 5 year old to be saying "hate" that is pretty strong then saying he would be breaking your things? Not worth it IMO.
    Good luck and hugs.