Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Perfect ideas ladies. Yes, I will give her the bill for the new latch and tell her I can not take the risk with her son's new found knowledge on how to open the gate.
    We are also at odds regarding when her son will be able to wear underwear here. He still pees in his pull ups and does not tell me when he needs to go. Earlier this week, she speaks to her son (again on her knees in front of him - oh hail the mighty one LOL)" maybe this week Mimi will be nice enough to let you wear your underwear" so I just kindly said "sure, as soon as he stops using his pull ups and tells me that he has to go" and I smile. Her voice is always squeaky nice, but she always manages to deliver some little zinger.

Also Skysue, he is a sneaky little guy, so even if I told him the gate would be off limits, that would just egg him on to get to it.
    Last edited by mimi; 05-16-2013 at 01:13 PM.

This is a hassle for you, too. You are used to have the gate and can relax and turn your back knowing that there is not chance a kid will scape. Now you have to be alert and telling the kid not to open anytime he tries to put in practice his new acquired knowledge. That would made mad!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Thanks again for your suggestions and comments. My hubby just came home with the new gate hardware and will install today. I will photocopy the bill and give it to her at pick up.

Let us know how it goes... that would have drive me crazy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Outgoing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to momofnerds For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Oh Mimi, I'm sorry your dcmom is a total moron and I'm glad Dodge made the suggestion for you to charge her for the new lock. Don't take no for an answer! Good luck, and yes I also want to know how it goes!
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Momof4 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    We are also at odds regarding when her son will be able to wear underwear here. He still pees in his pull ups and does not tell me when he needs to go. Earlier this week, she speaks to her son (again on her knees in front of him - oh hail the mighty one LOL)" maybe this week Mimi will be nice enough to let you wear your underwear" so I just kindly said "sure, as soon as he stops using his pull ups and tells me that he has to go" and I smile.
    Give me a break. I'm sure your rule is the same as mine regarding potty issues. Still pees/poops in pants on a regular basis and doesn't tell when they have to go? PULL UPS. End. of. story. There's no way we're going to end up with pee and poop all over our houses!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I think Playfelt is right...passive agressive totally! Talking to the kid about letting him wear underwear...putting it all on you rather than making it the kid's responsibiliy...it's all about you being "nice" and not him learning to keep his pants dry. Sheesh! I do not take kindly to parents talking to a child about what you will or won't do...that just sets you up to be the bad guy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydays For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So what ended up happening?

Sorry for the delay in responding.......... one of those days

So when dcm came to pick up her son, I had a copy of the bill for the new latch (has a spring inside which must be moved before the latch can be lifted ) and a labour fee for the install. The bill came to $38.00.
    I gave her the bill and explained that the security of the daycare had been breached. I stated I understand it was an innocent error (insert eye roll) in showing dcb how to open the gate, but to also tell him to stand on his tiptoes was a negligent thing to do. I explained my policy with the children is that only adults may touch the door handles and doors unless they are given permission to do so. This is written in my policy book.
    She looked a little stunned as she didn't expect a bill, and I did feel a little sorry for her, but the security of my daycare comes first.
    I explained since the breach was due to her, she was responsible to pay for a new secure latch so her son and the rest of the children are safe. She then did apologize and gave me two twenties and told me to keep the change. LOL
    I thanked her for her co-operation and told her the issue was done with no need to discuss it further.
    This morning she came with no attitude (super sweet) and didn't even mention the underwear issue.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post: