Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

What time do teacher's pick up thier kids?

Working on my daily schedule and hours for website for my daycare that is opening in september and realize I have NO idea when teacher's typically pick up thier kids? Do most leave work around 3:30?? 4:30? do they use the till 5:00 to get some stuff done? what can i expect thier hours to be?

My experience with my teacher clients.........they all picked up their children at exactly 5:30 my closing and were often a few minutes late.

Only one teacher came for pick up when she was done with school at about 4pm. The rest of them right before my closing time 5:30 and I even had one that sometimes came between 6:00 to 7:00 when I was closing at 6pm. If you are working with teachers only I think it would be enough time for them to pick up at 4:30 at the latest.

Euphoric !
    You may have to get a schedule since they will often have duties they have to do such as on Monday they do daytime recess but on Thursday do afterschool yard and bus. Some do sports and clubs after school - especially if you have high school teachers. Schools here have staggered start and stop times so they can double up on buses so it will vary. Some prefer to stay at school and get their marking and lesson planning done instead of taking it home so you will have to make sure they understand what your expectations are and the penalties and responsibilities.

Euphoric !
    I have a high school teacher and she picks up at 3:45 every day. if she has a staff meeting or p/t interviews then dad picks up at 4. I close at 4:30 and have to have my teenage son at his afterschool job for 5 so being late is not an option.

Shy
    interesting! i was thinking of keeping hours 4:30 or 5 depending on teachers requirements. I know some teachers work late others dont i was just thinking of a daily schedule and was thinking of doing crafts after school run and snack but was wondering if everyone was going to be at my door at 3:30 or 4 but probably not! LOL

I have had four teacher clients. Two readily admitted they went home after school and had a nap.

Starting to feel at home...
    I have several mom's who are teachers. One picks up at 2:30 because she doesn't have a last hour class, one picks up at 3:30 and the other one picks up at the end of the day because...well because she is very open about the fact that she really doesn't want to spend time with her child

I have all teacher's children. My first drop off is 7:30am and last pick-up is 4:15. Some go in early/stay late to prep. One Mom, my last pick up every day, whose child is an angel for me but a little rascal for her mother...goes to the gym and runs errands first; I can't say I blame her...this child (2 1/2 yr old) is truly rotten (instantly starts to scream at the top of her lungs all the way out to the car, running everywhere so her Mom can't catch her, major attitude) as soon as Mom (not Dad) arrives. Mom says she is like this all the time at home...poor poor mom. Oops got off topic there. Hope that helps.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    I have two teacher families. I picks up at 4, the other between 4:30-5. I close at 5 promptly