Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Is there great demand for home daycare in Burlington right now?

Hi daycare providers,

I am planning to open a home daycare this summer and am wondering whether there is a high demand for home daycares in Burlington right now? What are your experiences? Is it hard to get new clients?

Starting to feel at home...
    it really depends on where in Burlington you live. Can I recommend that you contact the HCCPA (Halton Child Care Providers Association)? They are a great wealth of knowledge and can help you set up contracts etc in your area. I know many providers who never ever have a space open and I know many providers who can never seem to get clients. It really depends on your space and what you are offering. Keep in mind that sometime parents are nervous about brand new dcproviders so it may take a few months to fill up.

I am Appleby and Upper Middle and I wanna open spaces but cant find the kids? since Sept

apples and bananas
    I am not in Burlington so I don't know the area.

When I started my daycare 3 years ago I had no idea what I was doing. But I come from a marketing background, so I knew how to market myself.

I never advertise more then 1 space available. Even when I started. I want people to think I'm full and I want them to rush to get the last space.

I immediately made up a fancy daycare name and created a free website complete with an email address. It was important to me that I didn't look new. I never claimed I was new, but I never claimed I had a lot of experience. I focused on my recent CPR training and my recent police check.

I had a great dedicated daycare space set up and ready to go. Somewhere the kids could interact during an interview.

I was ready to answer the right questions... " how long have you been doing this? " I'd be honest, I'm new, but I raised a couple of amazing kids and here are all the reasons you want me as your provider. And I always spent a good amount of time interviewing the client. When you make someone feel like they may or may not have a chance, they seem to want you more.

So, no matter how many people or few people it seems are looking for care, someone is always looking. Keep your ads simple and make them look professional. People want home daycares that look like they have chosen this as a profession, opposed to finding a quick way to stay home with their kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to apples and bananas For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I agree- I always only advertise for 1 open space