Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

Earthquake the final straw....

Ok I recognize defeat when I see it - storytime today is a total bust. Between kids that couldn't seem to understand the concept of cleaning up, a kid that really needs a nap so is screaming if you look at her but no way is my afternoon being disrupted too, telephone ringing, doorbell ringing and now an earthquake that sent the kids scrambling to the windows to "find the big truck" which of course wasn't there.

So I have a cup of tea and they are watching tv and we will try again later maybe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Earthquake? Yeah, I'd take a long break too LOL. Be good to yourself and put your feet up during nap.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mimi For This Useful Post:

Did you feel an earthquake??? Because I was sitting in a chair in my living room about an hour or so ago and my whole chair shook. I thought I was going crazy. If you say you did NOT feel an earthquake about an hour ago, I will still think I am going crazy.

Outgoing
    I felt the earthquake too. It did sound like a large truck rumbling by. The epicenter was in Eastern Ontario.

Trace of Angels
    I was out for a walk and live in an new development Area near Ottawa. Since there were so many construction vehicles around I didn't even notice :-) I heard it on the radio when I got back in....

Euphoric !
    I was out for a walk with the kids and my neighbour and her daycare kids and we didn't even notice it (too busy yapping to each other and keeping the kids in line I guess). My teenaged son texted me asking "Are you alright?" and I thought he must have meant to send it to someone else...LOL. Then he said there was an earthquake and they had all gone out of the school building in case. I feel pretty oblivious not to even have felt it!

We were on our walk and did not feel it, either... Street is being repaired, maybe it was at the time we were around the construction machines...

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox Sally View Post
    Did you feel an earthquake??? Because I was sitting in a chair in my living room about an hour or so ago and my whole chair shook. I thought I was going crazy. If you say you did NOT feel an earthquake about an hour ago, I will still think I am going crazy.
    Oh jeez, me too!!! I felt my chair vibrating and thought I was either crazy or developing tremors suddenly! Good....earthquake.. ..not insane

Oh

Euphoric !
    Happened around 9:45. Epicentre was near Shawville, Quebec.

A few things were rattling in the cupboards but wasn't as bad as a few others we have been through but it does leave your body still feeling like you are standing on a moving platform even though you are standing still - assuming that is because of the ripple effect. Noise only lasted about 20 seconds or so.

But later I did go on the computer and there are several sites that track earthquakes and sure enough the info was there. Magnitude 5.2 I think it said.

Euphoric !
    Oh, at 9:45 we are on the bus on the way to the park, but you are a lot closer to Quebec also. No wonder I missed it! But Playfelt, sorry about your bad day, it happens to all of us once in a while. There was a day a week ago that I threw all my plans out the window and said, forget it, let's go to the park and have lunch out. I was having one of those Murphy days - anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.