Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I gave notice!

Euphoric !

I gave notice!

I spoke to the parent of my "screecher" on Wed about giving it 2 more weeks and then terminating care. She understood and I think will now need to either become more consistent at home re: naps/sleeping or find another provider. I have faith she can do it though so it may not be goodbye which I would be happy with too. So I gave a months notice (as per my contract), 2 weeks for her child to get it together and then 2 weeks to find someone new.

It feels good to have a deadline now.

Starting to feel at home...
    I'm in the same boat as you...did the exact same thing and the two week correction period is up on Tuesday.....official notice will be given as dcm just has no interest in fixing the problem at home...and she never asks how the progress is....definitely feels good to have a deadline though!!!

Outgoing

Good for you!

I feel your pain! I have a screecher too. Shes part time and only has just started this "screeching like a banshee" type scream and it drives me nuts. What I have been doing is giving her a look and firm "ssshhhhtttt" like Cesar Milan does LOL and it seems to work temporarily. If she does it again, she goes into the time out playpen in my dining room and if it continues she goes upstairs for her nap early. I feel terrible but don't know what else to do. Its so awful to listen to and it immediately sets off all my other babies in my care. Crying with tears is one thing, this screeching like a banshee scream is purely attention seeking which I will not tolerate.
    This 1 year old just started with mom. Mom says they are working on it at home and Mom knows what I have been doing here. Hopefully it stops soon.