Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Runabout stroller tires

Does anyone know how much it costs to replace Runabout stroller tires (triple stroller)? Also, where would I get them? Also, I am considering buying a used one that is 10 years old; does anyone know if one that old could still have a lot of life in it? Thanks!
    Last edited by sunnydays; 07-22-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Starting to feel at home...
    You should e-mail Roger Berg, who manufacture the stroller, and he can help you out. runabout@teleport.co m

This is straight from his 2011 price list...I don't know what the different parts mean but Roger will be helpful, I'm sure.

16” or 18” Wheel /Tire Complete: $75
    16” or 18” Wheel, Axle, Discs: $50
    Axle & Bolt /Washers with Loctite: $13
    Bearings with Loctite: $13/set
    16” Front Wheel Rim: $25
    Front Axle with Nuts/Washers: $13
    Wheel Discs: $10 ea
    Airless Tires / 16”&18”/Black: $25ea
    ~ Mama to 4, Dayhome provider ~

Euphoric !
    Thanks so much! I looked in the Runabout brochure and I couldn't find this list! Where did you find it? I actually did email him, but he hasn't responded yet and I am going to see the stroller tomorrow, so I wanted to know what the repair would cost before buying it.

He usually gets back to you the morning after an e-mail. At least that is my experience. He is always polite and professional. I will always recommend doing business with this company because the customer service is so excellent. I ordered my quint from him earlier this year and that is how I have the price list.

If you buy new from him he will guarantee parts! My friend has had her q uint runabout for 6 years and broken two wheels. Both times he sent her new wheels free, as well as new upgrade products like snack trays, ect. He knows how to keep customer's happy!

I hope the stroller looks good and the replacements inexpensive!

Euphoric !
    Thanks Emily!

How did it look? Did you pick it up?

Expansive...
    Do you think it is better to have airless tires on the runabout or air tires??

I placed my order but there is a delay with the airless tires. Roger said I could order with air tires instead and I am tempted to.
    I am a little concerned reading that post where someone said they broke two tires over the last 6 years. That seems like a lot.

I have only used the airless tires on my runabout and I love how I never have to fill up the tires or worry about a flat while I'm out with my kids. I've also heard, that the airless tires are easier to push. Depending on how long you have to wait, I'd hold out for the airless tires. Good luck.

It was the air tires that broke on her stroller. The airless are much better. If you get a flat with air tires then how will you get everyone home? No flats with the airless tires.

Expansive...
    Thanks Emilys4G.
    See I used to have a Jeep Liberty stroller with air tires and loved it. I was able to go all terrain all season whereas everyone else struggled with their strollers. That is why I was not sure.
    Plus Roger said that they might start putting air tires on the 8-Seaters to make them easier to push.
    I left the order with airless tires because I trust you guys and you have actually used them