Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Parents vacations

I am new to this forum and I was wondering... for private dayhome providers from Alberta. When a family takes vacations, do they still have to pay for the spot in your dayhome?

I don't charge for my vacations or anyday that my dayhome is not opened but I required that they pay for their spot when my dayhome is opened whatever their reason is not to show up.

What are your rules concerning this question?

Expansive...
    Everyone has a different policy, it is whatever works for you and your business Me personally, I allow 2 "free" weeks of vacation each year, anything exceeding that is paid at 50%.

For me is 3 weeks vacation, but they have to tell me 2 months in advance or they will have to pay 100% of the fee. Anything more than 3 weeks they have to pay 100% too.

Starting to feel at home...
    My policy is the exact same as your kiddos.

Euphoric !
    They pay me if I am open. Families know my vacation (2 wks in August) and book their vacations at that time. They don't pay me when I am on vac. Any extra vac they take, they pay me.

Shy
    In my contract it states that I have 1 week unpaid vacation. They may book their vaction at the same time as me. If they take additional vacation days, and I am open, they pay regardless. If I am open, they pay.

Outgoing
    I take 2 weeks unpaid vacation each year. My families are allotted 7 unpaid days to use for vacation/illness etc. Anything beyond that is full payment

I give my clients about 4 months notice of my vacation so they can take the same if they want. I used to give 1 week "no pay" vacation but found this days were abused. The clients would whine that they might not have a vacation this year (of course they did) so could they use "their days" for sick days instead?

Trace of Angels
    My parents pay 52 weeks a year. They pay for their spot no matter how little or how much they use it. So in a sense I receive a salary. I take three weeks of vacation and have 2 personal days per year. I am closed for all stat holidays and if I am sick I take a sick day
    (I don't have a limit on my sick days) But in my almost two years open I have only taken 2. I feel that if they trust me to care for their children then they have to trust me that when I say I am sick, then I am really sick. I have been sick more then twice but usually my husband stays home and runs the daycare while I am sick. But for those odd times when he can't I call in sick.
    I am 38 years old. They all have salaried carriers.......why shouldn't I.
    I haven't had one complaint :-)
    This way I know how to plan my own finances and am not inconvenienced when they take vacation or are sick or their children are sick. I think you have to do what you feel is fair and what works for your finances and family. And if you are in a high demand area then I think you can ask for a little more.
    Last edited by Trace of Angels; 05-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Euphoric !
    I am in Ontario, not Alberta, but I take 2 weeks of paid vacation myself, plus 7 paid personal days and all stats paid...parents all pay for any vacations they take outside of my vacation days...or sick days or any other days they take the child out of care when I am open.