Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Is this a different kid?

My screecher was given notice on Friday. He was not adjusting to the nap schedule and is only part time. Mom claimed that she let him cry it out at home but I had other suspicions. I found myself "sleep training" him every Tuesday and he would be better (not great) on Wed only to start all over the next week.

I am required to give a months notice so I gave them notice on Friday and informed mom that if he gets it together in 2 weeks he can stay. Mom said she worked really hard on the weekend and he went to sleep on his own every day. Today he is like a different child! Went to bed without so much as a whimper and has slept (knock on wood) for over an hour without waking up. I know this mom wants to keep her son with me but I am not so confidant that this will be a permanent change in her behaviour without something making her do it. I am wondering if after the 2 weeks if he continues to do well, can I place him on probation for 6 weeks or something where I can terminate at any time? I just find one months notice is too long for dealing with the disruptive behaviour and don't want to have to start over again in the termination process. Does probation make sense in this case?
    Last edited by torontokids; 05-21-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: mistyped

Euphoric !
    I feel your pain! I have a new dcg who is into her 7th week with me now and I have extended her trial period twice because the first week she was great then after that she cried all day for weeks...last week was supposed to be her last week, but she suddenly seemed almost totally fine...so I extended one more week (this week) just to be sure as I am also hesitant to fully believe that she is now fine. I hope she is...but today was terrible again She slept terribly last night and was tired and crying on and off all day again today. I'm crossing my fingers that she improves tomorrow because I really thought she was going to be okay last week! So....to make a long story longer, I think probation seems like a not bad idea if he continues to do well for the next 2 weeks...just tell his mom you just want to be sure that he is really settled. This is in effect, exactly what I am doing with my current family. I have never had a little one take so long to settle in...not sure if it points to other issues