Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Nice, Alphagetti! That is how Christmas holidays worked out for me this past year.... everyone just happened to have Dec 24 to about Jan 4 off. It was AWESOME!!!!

WOW thats helpful, I tried to install sick days and lost some good clients so I have given up on trying for now. I do take half days off sometimes and still charge parents the full day and do charge parents for any days they take off-it IS their spot and I dont fill it if they are off, so they pay for their spot, but i have always said if i am unavailable for care then I dont charge them or credit them next month. I ask for fees in ADVANCE of care, so there is no way of getting jipped out of pay , and dont have parents asking if they have to pay for days off, they have already paid. also if they lost a job then at least i was given that months pay. I also ask for post dated cheque for mid month for last of the pay...so I dont have to hunt anyone down again and again for fees through out the month.

Shy
    I do not charge for my sick days or vacation days (besides stats). I do find it annoying to not have any paid personal days for appointments, funerals etc. though so I will be adding two paid personal days to start in 2014. I will probably only add this to the contract for new families though as am I grateful for my current families and how much support I received during my pregnancy and after my son was born (so grandfather it in).

Euphoric !
    I don't charge for sick days. I'd love to, but it's part of my schtick. I know that when I take a day off for a sick day, my clients KNOW I'm actually sick as I'm not being paid. They are few and far between. HOWEVER, as I gain recognition and popularity in my new area, I may change that

Starting to feel at home...
    I take 2 weeks paid vacation, which I charge for monthly, I had the unpleasant experience of 2 families using my vacation as their 2 weeks notice and never bothered to pay me so now I charge one extra days pay monthly from Sept to June and bank the money myself. Problem solved! My daycare parents love it cause when I am on holidays they don't have to pay at that time. I also take the week between Christmas and New year no charge and have 5 sick/ personal days. I only started that this year cause I was tired of not being able to pay my bills cause someone brings me a sick child and I get "infected" .

Expansive...
    With having a license I'm not allowed to charge parents when I'm not open, other than for stat holidays. But I do get paid if their kids are aren't here because they are sick or on holiday. I know it will be really hard some days when I'm really sick, but don't want to close due to lack of income for that day - but I'm kind of used to working while being sick anyway because when I was working as a school teacher I often would not bother calling in sick because it was too much work (having to plan everything for a sub to cover me). And with having 2 young ones of my own, it isn't like I would get to just spend all day in bed anyway.