Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eating issues

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar

Eating issues

So I have two kids in my daycare. One won’t eat or drink all day!!! And I mean all day. Mom brings him after breakfast and will pack his lunch and snack. He will drink about 4oz all day. He is a year. I also have a two year old girl who just stores food in her cheeks all day. Today we had oranges with breakfast and it is now snack time and I found some in her mouth still. This happened all the time. I am worried about her chocking at nap time. Her mom just says o that is her trick she is tricky like that. What would you guys do in this case?

fluids would be my number one priority and I would definitely clear the dcg's mouth of any uneaten food especially at nap time.

Euphoric !
    Leave her at the lunch table till she swallows. And yes fluids would be the most important thing so if you get 4 ounces in to him during the day it's at least something .... As he settles in he will begin to eat and drink more ...

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    Thanks I forgot to mention the dcg has been with me a year now and the dcb 3 months.

Euphoric !
    For the one year old see if mom will also pack his bowl and spoon from home as that can make a difference to some kids. Be on the same page as mom as to if he is spoon fed or finger feeds.

As for the chipmunk - give her a piece of paper towel and ask her to spit it out. If she doesn't then sweep it out for safety reasons. The child I had this issue with turned out to have a reflux issue and swallowing issues we needed to work through (tests were done, meds started and he had to be taught to eat all over again).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post: