Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cpr course

Cpr course

I m looking to take cpr course.....but there are so many to choose from:i am a private care

BASIC FIRST AID, CPR LEVEL "C" AND AED CERTIFICATION
    This course is designed for small workplaces, childcare workers, and people who want to have a basic knowledge in first aid along with attaining a full CPR“C”/AED certification.
    is this one ok..given by findapulse

thanks

Euphoric !
    Make sure the course you take specifically spends a lot of time on infant/child issues. Many courses gloss over this section assuming you will be dealing mostly with adults. You might do better to take a course aimed at caring for children. You don't need the AED etc in home daycare since you wouldn't have access to the machine. Also from a first aid standpoint you won't be dealing with a lot of the issues that a standard first aid course covers like dealing with a motor cycle accident you come across so again if you are training for the first time better to take a course that covers less areas so you can concentrate on exactly what you can make use of.

Starting to feel at home...
    I take Standard First Aid, CPR Level C and AED. I volunteer with a program for 5 and 6 year olds and this is the level that is required for their insurance. I don't think the basic first aid covers infants/children? But it may be different depending on who is offering the course, I do mine through St. John's Ambulance and it is set up specifically for people who work with children.

Outgoing
    I've done the same course as SongSparrow with St. John's Ambulance. It's the most comprehensive course. I really appreciated learning how to use the AED because even though I'm unlikely to use it with children, I'm glad I would know how to use it if I'm ever in a public place and someone needs help.