Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naps... Again..

Starting to feel at home...

Question Naps... Again..

So I posted yesterday about naps.. I did take some of your guys suggestions. And the little ones actually slept only for an hour but still..

So I have enough rooms to split the older ones up.. I know naps aren't usually done like this, but its how I've been doing it for the last while and it seems to work..

I have two 2.5 year olds. They both watch movies for quiet time because while watching them they both fall asleep.. However I have a 3 year old boy that will not nap for the last week he's the only one I have trouble with..

It doesn't matter that I come in there with my mean face on all he does is cry.. He is in a room all on his own. But you can hear the cry theory out the house.

I was just wanting your ladies opions on a fair punishment for not napping in the afternoon.. Only cause when this particular child doesn't nap he's very nasty come the afternoon time..

I was thinking he'd have to sit out when we have playtime outside in the afternoon .. We usually spend an hour to an hour and a half in the afternoons, but that seemed a little to harsh. Not sure? What do you guys think?

You put him to bed an hour or two BEFORE the other kids and you tell him that is because he refused to settle down and be quiet the day before. Pretty soon he'll figure out that unless he is quiet at naptime he will essentially be in naptime all day.

And, no, I am not kidding. The punishment for not being quiet at naptime as asked is MORE naptime. Let the punishment fit the crime. For God's sake, you are at least allowing him to rest with a movie which is WAY more than I would allow so he's been a little asshole by carrying on like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Judy Trickett For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Bahahaha @ Judy ..... Yup I too would never allow a movie either .... Quiet time is quiet time and I don't give a rats ass how its done at home at my house you lay down and zip it till I come back. Sleep or don't your choice and I have fans in each room as well as in the hallway and I have one that child that will shriek if she wakes up early but no one can hear her so fill your boots.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Trickett View Post
    You put him to bed an hour or two BEFORE the other kids and you tell him that is because he refused to settle down and be quiet the day before. Pretty soon he'll figure out that unless he is quiet at naptime he will essentially be in naptime all day.

And, no, I am not kidding. The punishment for not being quiet at naptime as asked is MORE naptime. Let the punishment fit the crime. For God's sake, you are at least allowing him to rest with a movie which is WAY more than I would allow so he's been a little asshole by carrying on like that.
    Hahaha! Fantastic! I do agree, though about putting him down early.