Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...
    love these! thanks so much everyone!! I have such a picky crowd...won't eat any form of meat, no matter how I dress it up! Might but the age group?! I thought shephard's pie would be a huge hit, and quiche with turkey bacon but it all got wasted! So right now, my menu is pretty bland while I try to spice it up once in a while!

Today we had homemade whole wheat blueberry/banana pancakes (also snuck in some flaxseed)...with yogurt topping and cinnamon instead of syrup.

Euphoric !
    AM Snack- banana muffins, yogurt, fruit
    Lunch- tuna casserole, squash, cucumbers, carrots, fruit
    PM Snack- crackers and cheese, fruit, sunflower seeds.

Supper tonight- chicken fajitas

Lunch tomorrow- chicken, rice and beans and corn.

Starting to feel at home...
    I love casserole-type dishes, but I have found that a lot of kids rather their food separate. I have only one picky eater in my bunch, and I find if I serve things separate on a plate he is more likely to eat it. Pancakes are always a hit at my house

Euphoric !
    For snack ideas I am totally the hero today because I gave them chocolate for snack. Got some of the chocolate flavoured cream cheese that recently came out and served it on mini bagels. It would make a great icing for topping muffins and they think it is a cupcake or for putting between layers of cake too.

This is a great idea for anyone that can't serve nuts in their program and thus can't use nutella either. Won't be doing all the time but will make a nice treat or nice bribe - like a graham cracker with chocolate cream cheese for when your lunch is all gone and you are still hungry - ie only for those that ate their meal.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    For snack ideas I am totally the hero today because I gave them chocolate for snack. Got some of the chocolate flavoured cream cheese that recently came out and served it on mini bagels. It would make a great icing for topping muffins and they think it is a cupcake or for putting between layers of cake too.

This is a great idea for anyone that can't serve nuts in their program and thus can't use nutella either. Won't be doing all the time but will make a nice treat or nice bribe - like a graham cracker with chocolate cream cheese for when your lunch is all gone and you are still hungry - ie only for those that ate their meal.
    Don't feel bad for giving them chocolate. Research has been done and surprisingly dark chocolate is quite healthy and has antioxidants. Check out at this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ood-heart.html

I loooove chocolate and I serve it some snacks here, too

Outgoing
    We had quinoa and broccoli. It's a staple here since I have one little boy who is vegan, and the other who is basically vegan but also wheat-free. The girls and I sometimes add cheese to our lunch LOL

Euphoric !
    We had baked, breaded chicken, quinoa and steamed carrots for lunch...I gave them plain yogurt as a dip for their chicken..they are all into dipping these days Hummous is a big hit too...anyone have any good dips for veggies or meats?? I could use some more variety!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    We had baked, breaded chicken, quinoa and steamed carrots for lunch...I gave them plain yogurt as a dip for their chicken..they are all into dipping these days Hummous is a big hit too...anyone have any good dips for veggies or meats?? I could use some more variety!
    Mine are really into dipping too! With meat I often put a dollop of applesauce (unsweetened) on their plate and they love it. As for veggies, either ranch dressing or yogurt (& hummus as you mentioned) are my goto.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    We had what I call the 'Picky Platter' today. It's pretty much just a cold mish mash. Cheese, bread, fruit, veggies and yogurt. Everybody gets a little of what they like this way

We're having home made banana muffins for afternoon snack... mostly because I had a lot of bananas in my freezer!

Euphoric !
    I make tzatziki and hummus. There are some good recipes for white bean dips, haven't thought to make it for dc yet.

What do you all put in your quinoa to add flavour? I would like to eat it more often but I find it a bit bland.

Also, any good recipes for quinoa/couscous/rice salads?