Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Euphoric !
    Yeah, I had a surplus of bananas too...made 4 dozen muffins on Tuesday night!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    We had baked, breaded chicken, quinoa and steamed carrots for lunch...I gave them plain yogurt as a dip for their chicken..they are all into dipping these days Hummous is a big hit too...anyone have any good dips for veggies or meats?? I could use some more variety!
    I sometimes use mayo or ketchup for dipping and kids like them...

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    I make tzatziki and hummus. There are some good recipes for white bean dips, haven't thought to make it for dc yet.

What do you all put in your quinoa to add flavour? I would like to eat it more often but I find it a bit bland.

Also, any good recipes for quinoa/couscous/rice salads?

Sorry if this message comes out wonky....on my broken computer and it jumps around some. I make a Mediterranean Quinoa thing I made up that the kids love. Cook quinoa in Aurora Garlic/Basil bouillon. Once cooked, add chopped green onion, fresh basil, chopped Kalamata olives, chopped tomato, chopped red pepper and crumbled feta. It's fantastic and a huge favourite among my daycare kids (and me too). It's great warm or cold. Another one I do is to cook quinoa in Aurora mushroom bouillon and add some fried onions and mushrooms. Not as good as the other, but still pretty decent

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I serve my quinoa plain...the kids all like it, even my picky 3 year old dcg. When I eat it myself, I usually have some sort of stew-like meal with it. We also put quino in soups to thicken it or throw it into pancake batter, muffins etc. I will make some tzatziki and see if the kids like it...I haven't made it for a long time...thanks for the idea

I make tzatziki and hummus. There are some good recipes for white bean dips, haven't thought to make it for dc yet.

What do you all put in your quinoa to add flavour? I would like to eat it more often but I find it a bit bland.

I cook my quinoa and couscous just with chicken broth and kids like them.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    We had baked, breaded chicken, quinoa and steamed carrots for lunch...I gave them plain yogurt as a dip for their chicken..they are all into dipping these days Hummous is a big hit too...anyone have any good dips for veggies or meats?? I could use some more variety!
    Salad dressings make good dips. A lot of varieties to choose from.
    I always have Ranch, Raspberry and Creamy Caesar on hand. Not just for the kids.....for me!!!!

Have you tried steamed broccoli drizzled with Ranch? That's what I have whenever I want to lose some weight. I have it with baked chicken.
    Last edited by betsy; 08-03-2013 at 05:42 AM.