Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing

Payment Schedule

About 2 years ago I changed my fees so that I was charging my clients a set monthly rate based on a 20 day month instead of charging based on the number of days in the month. The reason I started doing this was to compete with neighbouring daycares that were charging a set monthly rate. I'm just wondering how you ladies charge for services? Also do you charge for stat holidays and are you closed for the stats?

Starting to feel at home...
    I charge a flat monthly rate. They pay on the 1st of the month. I close for stats and they are paid days off.

Starting to feel at home... Big Hearts's Avatar
    It is more work but my families can choose to pay weekly or bi weekly. I get paid for stats and the families pay half their fee when they go in holidays to hold the spot, but not when I take holidays. I have thought about monthly but think it is easier for my family's to pay this way instead of one large lump sum.

Euphoric !
    my fees are biweekly for the following two weeks and I am closed for stats and they are paid.

I ask for weekly payment but I do not ask for a deposit so the weekly payment makes sure I don't get jipped out too much if someone decides to leave care.
    I am closed all stat days and don't ask for payment nor do I ask for payment for my personal holidays but parents must pay full for any days they miss/holidays they take....none of my parents have an issue with this set up and it is the norm for my area!

Euphoric !
    Families pay a 2 wk deposit used toward last 2 wks of care IF they give 1 months notice. Pay weekly or biweekly but pay the Friday before the week. My part time family pays monthly as I wanted it to be simple for me plus they aren't here on Fridays.

Euphoric !
    My stats are paid plus I added Christmas Eve and Easter Monday (thanks Momof4!) I take 3 wks vacation, unpaid. If I am sick and close, they do not pay.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by daycaremom9 View Post
    About 2 years ago I changed my fees so that I was charging my clients a set monthly rate based on a 20 day month instead of charging based on the number of days in the month. The reason I started doing this was to compete with neighbouring daycares that were charging a set monthly rate. I'm just wondering how you ladies charge for services? Also do you charge for stat holidays and are you closed for the stats?
    Aren't there more days in some months? For instance there are 23 weekdays in May. Aren't you shorting yourself pay?
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.

I don't care how they pay as long as it is in advance. I never work without having been paid first. I have some parents who pay weekly with post-dated cheques and others who choose to pay monthly. It doesn't matter to me as long as it's in advance.

I charge for all stats and parents pay FULL fees for any day, vacation included, that their child is not here.

I don't have a set pay schedule for my daycare, but my daughter's preschool is paid monthly in advance and I really like it. I only need to remember it once a month!!
    I close for stats and don't charge.