Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

How do you advertise your home daycare?

Hi, I've started my daycare a month ago and have only 1 dcb registered- I'm still getting used to the routine (he's 1 and my daughter is almost 14 months), but in order to pay the bills/rent, I'm gonna need a kid or 2 more. I live in Toronto and am not finding other parents interested. I've put flyers around but is there something I'm not doing? How did you find your dc families?
    Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

I advertise on Daycare Bear, Kijiji, Godaycare, Daycare Match, Daycare Canada, HCPN, at my daughter's school, occasionally flyers on mailboxes, word of mouth.....but what I find really helps is having a website. Hope this helps a bit.

I live in a small community in NS, so quite different from Toronto But, I advertised on Kijiji and a local facebook group, and attended some playgroups with my own kids and while chatting with parents I would mention that I was opening a daycare. Also, there have been a few threads on here recently with some great advertising ideas. Good luck!

Expansive...
    Check out Kijiji.ca and look at spaces in your area, that's your direct competition. This helps you see how you should be advertising your space. Kijiji is great and it's free!

Euphoric !
    Keep trying, sometimes it takes a while to get going. It took a year before I had a good client base in place and before that I accepted people that I shouldn't have accepted and ended up learning a lot of lessons. I always remind people to ask all their friends and family to spread the word for you, ask them to put your ads on the electronic systems if they work for large companies. Do you go to Mommy/tot groups or are there any in your area? The other ladies have great advice.
    Frederick Douglass
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.