Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Advice!!!

Need Advice!!!

So I just started my home daycare about 2-3 weeks ago and I thought I would love it. But I don't. I have only one little girl right now and will have another one starting in a month. I have talked a lot with my husband about it and we both feel this is not the right fit for me which is sad because I thought I would love it. I am currently looking into getting a part time away from home job. Here is my dilemma. I have thought about waiting until I find another job to tell this little girls parents and the other boys parents but that is mostly for selfish reasons (wanting to make the extra income). Should I let them know now that I wont be doing daycare anymore so they can find a permanent place for their daughter and son? I don't want this little girl to get all settled here and then have to do it all over again. Thoughts? Advice!
    Thanks.

What does your contract say? Stick to the contract and you will be fine. If your contract says two weeks notice then that is what I would give.

It says two weeks notice I would need to give them. It's not that aspect I'm worried about it's whether I should do it now or wait?

Starting to feel at home...
    I would do it now if I were you. I was in the same boat as you at the beginning but I had no choice but to keep with it and make it work for various reasons. I you do it now, atleaat it gives the current dcparents an opportunity to find alternate care before this dcg gets comfortable and settled in with you. As for the dckids to start in a month, better to let them know now before care web begins, why bother getting yourself and the new kids into any type of routine I you will just end up terminatin anyways. This is just my opinion and think this route will be best for all parties involved. Atleaat you haven't formed any type of relationship with either parent yet to tick them off atleaat that's how I looked at it as in not a confrontational person. Best of luck as I know this isn't for everyone. I have owned a few jobs in my lifetime and this is by far the most difficult hands down....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mambia For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much for your advice! I will definitely do it now. I just feel so bad!